Thursday, December 20, 2007

I feel loved!

I've just been inundated with stuff from home - I can't explain how wonderful it feels. It's not just the stuff (although I LOVE the stuff), but being so far away and feeling like I'm losing touch with people and in general feeling disconnected...

Getting something in the mail means I've not been totally forgotten - yay!

I think there's a homesick cycle that comes around every 4 or 5 months. I've been here 10 months and this is the second go-round. Supposedly it gets better over time, but honestly I'm not feeling it. I miss home just as much as ever. The fact that it is Christmas-time and usually the time when you get to see all your friends and family I'm sure has nothing to do with it...

A care package has really helped. Thanks Mom and Peter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you! Parcel is in the mail... but I'm sure it won't get to you until Valentine's Day. Note to self: do not mail a birthday/Christmas gift to Africa one day before someone's birthday... Sorry toots!